Did You Know That...?
- 50 years ago you could swim in almost any part of the Chesapeake Bay ?
- 50 years ago billions of oysters cleaned the whole Chesapeake Bay every
- Industries then were fewer and more careful about the pollution caused by waste?
- 22 million chickens are prepared for market each month in the Delmarva area, with all of the attendant waste?
DID YOU ALSO KNOW THAT...
- The Chesapeake Bay grows more toxic every year!
- Oysters and Crabs, once the largest crops in the Chesapeake Bay, are decreasing in number each year!
- A mature oyster can clean more than 60 gallons of Chesapeake Bay water in
- If we do not act soon, the cost to restore the Chesapeake Bay could exceed the entire current budget of the state of Maryland!
- Bringing back the oysters can go a long way in restoring the Chesapeake!
involved, please call Oyster King 1 at (410)255-1492
Business Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST
or email us at